Selling a home can be an exciting process, especially with the right agent. How to choose:
A. Ask for Recommendations
Sources of recommendations:
1. People who have recently sold a home in your area.
2. The manager at a local real estate office.
He/she can recommend an agent who specializes in your type of property and community.
B. Narrow Your Search
1. Do you trust the individual?
2. Could you have a solid working relationship with the individual?
Note: You'll be working intimately with the agent through the duration of your home's sale.
3. Does the agent make you feel comfortable?
C. Ask the Agent Questions
(Refer to the following page for sample questions.)
Additional questions that may be asked:
1. Where is the agent's primary market concentration?
2. What is the average price range?
3. What services does the agent provide for his/her fee?
Agents with higher fees may offer more selling mediums, resulting in a higher selling price.
4. How would he/she establish the price and promote your home?
Each agent would execute the sale differently. What promotional tools are relied on?
** DID THE AGENT ASK YOU TO COMPILE AN INFORMATION SHEET, FEATURING YOUR HOME'S STRONGEST SELLING POINTS?
A top agent will, for it creates the most accurate platform to write an eye-catching, attractive listing description that will aid in the sale of your home.
D. At the Conclusion of the Interviewing Process
If you are unsatisfied with the agent's plan or personality, thank the agent for his/her time, and repeat the process with another agent. If you are happy with the agent, make the commitment to yourself to stick with him/her, for it can be time-consuming to switch agents. In addition, it may leave a negative impression upon your home.
REMEMBER: This is your home; you make the final decision!
We will be there to help you every step of the way!